On Pentecost Monday, the Pan-orthodox Liturgy was celebrated at St Sava’s Church in London. The Eucharistic assembly was led by his Eminence Archbishop Gregorios of Thyateira and Great Britain of the Patriarchate of Constantinople and concelebrating with him were:
1. Archbishop Elisey of Sourozh, Russian Orthodox Church
2. Bishop Dositey of Great Britain and Scandinavia, Serbian Orthodox Church
3. Archbishop of Dmanisi, Agarak-Tashiri, and Great Britain and Ireland: Zenon (Iaradzhuli)
4. Auxiliary Bishop Ignatius (Muresan), Romanian Church
5. The Right Reverend Athanasios (Theocharous), Bishop of Tropaeou
The St. Alban Orthodox Youth Centre in London cordially invite you to attend a lecture by:
Fr Nikolay (Sakharov) from the monastery of St. John the Baptist in Essex.
Venue: The church hall of the Serbian Orthodox Church, 89 Lancaster Road, London W11 1QQ. The nearest tube is Ladbroke Grove. Buses: 7, 23, 52, 70, 452.
Date and time: Saturday 29 April 2017 at 7:30pm.
Topic: Orthodox spirituality as the art of relationships according to the teachings of St Silouan.
Hospices of Hope are organising a Gala Dinner at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington on Thursday 18th May 2017. The dinner is their major fundraising event to raise money for two separate projects:
- Campaign for Copaceni - a unique children’s centre in the countryside near Bucharest
- A new Hospice for Serbia- to open the first ever purpose-built, in-patient hospice in Belgrade
Details of both these campaigns are on their website http://www.hospicesofhope.co.uk/appeals-and-projects/.
To book or for more information please visit http://www.hospicesofhope.co.uk/gala-dinner/. There a number of sponsorship packages available.
The Serbian Orthodox Church to her spiritual children at Pascha, 2016
By the Grace of God
Orthodox Archbishop of Pec, Metropolitan of Belgrade Karlovci and Serbian Patriarch, with all the Hierarchs of the Serbian Orthodox Church to all the clergy, monastics, and all the sons and daughters of our Holy Church: grace, mercy and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, with the joyous Paschal greeting:
Christ is Risen!