The Church of St. Sava in London is one of a few Serbian Orthodox churches in Great Britain. The church was built as an Anglican church in 1903. It is a spacious three nave basilica with interior made of bricks.
After the Second World War, thanks to the support of both Queen Maria Karadjordjevic and Lady Paget, a great friend of the Serbian people through both world wars, as well as through the love, efforts and donations of the parishioners, the church was purchased and adapted for the divine services of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Bishop Nikolay (Velimirovic) consecrated the church to celebrate the feast of St Vitus (Vidovdan) in 1952.
In 1962, thanks to the efforts of Dragomir Petrovic "Uca", a Sunday School began within the church community. The children continue to learn the Serbian language, history and Orthodox faith. Today we also have “St. Sava” church choir, “Rastko” folk dance group and “Kosovka devojka” Circles of Serbian Sisters.
Adjacent to the church, thanks to the efforts of V. Rev. Miloje Nikolic, is the building named Bishop Nikolaj House that was built in 1972, functioning as the official premises and providing a church hall for the community.
The church is open during church services. The list of the church services can be found here.